We always recommend getting measured by a professional, or at the very least a trusted friend. If you attempt to take your measurements by yourself, unfortunately, chances are they won’t be accurate! :)
Ideally you will be measured in your undergarments, a tank top and yoga pants, or garments close to those you’ll be wearing on your wedding day.
Once you have your Bust/Waist/Hip measurements you can easily compare them to the measurements provided with each wedding dress listing.
Also, keep in mind that bridal dresses are based off of a different size chart than your street clothes. Do not be alarmed if you end up purchasing a dress that is larger in size than the clothes in your closet. Trust us if the number on the tag bothers you, just have your seamstress cut the tag out. :)
It is always better to purchase a dress that is a little bigger than one that is too small. We recommend you purchase a gown that fits your largest measurement, and have the dress taken in.
If you are unsure about the sizing of one of our gown in comparison to your measurements and would like assistance, feel free to contact us. We’re always happy to help!
What you will need
- A Clothing Tape Measure
- 10 minutes
- A professional to perform measurements.
- Always stand straight with your heels together and arms down at your side while being measured
- Bust, Natural Waist, Hip, Hollow to Hem are required to select a size
- Measurements should be against the body with undergarments (bra, slips) that will be worn with the dress during the event. Keep thumb behind the tape. Tape should be snug but not too tight.
- Hollow to Hem. Wear shoes with the same heel height being worn in event to obtain measurement. Review our measurement size chart to see if your overall “Hollow to Hem” measurement will require extra length.
- Are you pregnant or on a diet. Anticipate your growth and future size needs at time of event
Position the measuring tape so that it covers the widest part of your back and the fullest part of your bust.
Position the measuring tape so that it covers the widest part of the hips.
Located just above the belly button, just below the rib cage. Place the measuring tape around your natural waist.
HOLLOW TO HEM
Standing flat on the floor with both feet together have someone measure from the hollow point at the neck to the floor.